Monday, July 31, 2006

MEME MONDAY: CHOCOLATE PARIS

For all you Kitchen Toro visitors out there, everything's on delay as I've only just gotten back to New York from a food road-trip this weekend. All KT features will be updated tonight, and hopefully not long after I'll have a special post for you, Back in Black.

There's a lot of food out there on those crazy interwebs and this feature, Meme Monday, highlights places dedicated to it, be they favored food-related websites, reference sites or, gasp, blogs.

Today's site is one I've mentioned before on Kitchen Toro, davidlebovitz.com. No harm mentioning it again because it's one that I'll look at from time to time to see what he's doing with desserts. I've been meaning to pick up his book, "The Great Book of Chocolate," but you can also check out things he's making on his recipes page.

As I've said before, I've tried his Roquefort ice cream, but some other recipes I'd like to test are: Nick Malgiere's Supernatural Brownies, Sour Cream Cake, Absinthe Cake. The Pineapple Coconut Cookies sound to me like they're similar to the Coconut-Apple Haystacks I made about not long ago. David's "Extras" categories also seem like a lot of fun: Homemade Cottage Cheese, Chocolate Molet, Chinese Pork and Shrimp Dumplings, Confit of Tomatoes...all interesting stuff that it would seem fun to try out (and "the best chocolate sauce..." when someone throws something like that out there don't you have to pick up the challenge and try it?). When I was working at the Dining Section, David's blog was on the rotation of sites I'd check every day for my own benefit.

For David Lebovitz's bio check out his site, and his favorite places online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home