Friday, May 26, 2006

WISH ME LUCK...

I've reorganized my toolbox, marked all my tools with red tape to differentiate them from everyone elses, color-coded my recipe notecards, studied them and practiced speed-writing for the five-minute grace period we'll have after the written to write down some notes before the actual test. I've pre-folded my parchment-paper lids (cartouches) and linings, packed my own baking beans for blind-baking pastry dough and had my last two go's at a Hollandaise sauce (the first one broke with too much butter but some new eggs and water mixed up over a double-boiler and mixed in have succeeded in a sauce that's been sitting without breaking for 23 minutes).

I've taken the test seriously, studied and I should prepared but I'm bringing a healthy case of nerves with me and trying to figure out if it's comforting or intimidating to know that that even Julia Child had problems with her final examination.

The midterm is a few hours away and I'm heading over to school to do some last minute cramming. More, of course, to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home