Thursday, June 08, 2006

THURSDAY THE LONG WAY: HEY MR. DJ...

Thursday the long way is a new feature I intend to use to highlight food from out of the way places including important food memories that have had something to do with forming the way I look at food today, both cooking it and eating it. They may be inspired by recent meals, by the food-media, or by anything at all.

While today's "Thursday The Long Way," hasn't significantly formed the way I look at food, it may be formative in how I look at marketing, enthusiasm and self-promotion. I was driving on the Grand Central Parkway on the way back to Brooklyn from Long Island and sitting in horrible traffic (because sometimes when it rains some people completely forget how to drive) when I saw a van covered with 'Wild Style' graffiti. "DJ Chef," (image above c/o djchef.com) the graffiti on the van read, was "Spinnin' the beats while cookin' the treats."

I checked out DJ Chef's website, and wow. The bio, the newsroom, the logos, the 'model type servers,' the radio show, the props, the pictures, the tv show, the internships, the recipes, and the party store. During the videos on his site DJ Chef appears to be making quesadillas and his specialty dish seems to be a Chocolate-Pecan Khalua Bread-Pudding. Listen, I haven't tasted the food but I'm struggling to remember something more cheesey than this.

Long Island in the house, "cookin' with FLAVA!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home