Wednesday, October 11, 2006

FINAL NIGHT IN PASTRY: APPLE DUO & CHIBOUST

I know, I know, it may seem like a little bit of a cop out but all the work is coming together at once and the recipe-cramming I'm doing for the test also involves me buying all the ingredients for the most difficult dishes and doing as complete a practice run as possible at home. But I don't want you to feel left out!

So, on the jump, pictures of my last night in pastry with a few details...

It was Christine's birthday so someone brought her in a cake for a birthday celebration. We all took a few moments to sing happy birthday but we actually still had some work to do!






This first dessert was the chiboust, a pastry cream lightened with whipped cream and beaten egg whites. We made a light citrus sauce and served it with cherry halves.





The apple duo was more complicated--not difficult. The parbaked apples became slippery; when you're placing them in the molds they don't always cooperate in the rush to make them look good. Solution? Don't rush! Just do it right once. The finished product with thinly sliced apple garish on top--nice desserts, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home